Sunday, February 5, 2012

14 weeks and a funny Emerson moment

Here I am at 14 weeks. Not a huge change, but still feeling like I'm definitely growing! The nausea is even better this week than last but I'm still having trouble trying to eat anything later in the afternoon and night. I never have a problem with sweeets though. And Coke. This baby loves him or her some "pop" as we say in the midwest! I've been limiting myslef to 1 can of caffeine-free coke a day, but that is more than I ever drank before I was pregnant....I usually drink water or watered down juice, not soda. Bizarre.

The Super Bowl was today and we were invited to Kevin's boss' house to watch the game. The boys had a great time with their little one who is about 2 and a half. They even helped take him to the potty twice (he's in week 1 of poty training). It was amazing to see both boys play so nicely with this little guy and I can't wait to see how they are with their new sibling.

One other story to share....so after school this past week Em was sitting on my lap and I was kissing his cheeks, I don't know what it is about his cheeks, but they are simply irresistible to me. Anyway, as I'm smothering this poor kid in kisses I asked him, "Em, where did you get such sweet cheeks?" to which he replied with a sigh, "Mom, you know I got them from you...." I said, "You did!??? How??" With another sigh, as if I'm asking a question that everyone knows the answer to, he says, "you know....when you printed me out!" HUH?? "When I printed you out?" I asked. Rolling his eyes, he says "Yes mom. When you went to the hospital to have me, you PRINTED me out!" So all of a sudden I'm not only a mom, but a printer as well. Who knew?!

1 comment:

kelly beasley said...

you are a woman of many talents! lol!!! printer. that is hilar!
thanks for my card! :) love it.