Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st Day of 1st Grade




Today was my 1st day of 1st grade at Marvin Elementary School. My teacher is Mrs. Kovlakas. I really wanted to ride the bus on the 1st day of school this year so on Monday Mommy took me over to my school to find my classroom, B-3. I knew right where it was! So today we went outside to take a few pictures around 8am before I caught the bus. We waited and waited and waited and no bus came. Finally a woman drove past us and saw that we were waiting and asked Mommy if we were waiting for bus 422, which we were. She told Mommy that the bus was broken down just down the street and that they were sending another one. We waited a few minutes more and then Mommy decided to run in the house and get her purse and keys to drive me to school. I waited on the front steps and saw the bus come around the corner so I yelled "MOMMY!!!!". She came running out the door and walked me down the steps so I could get on the bus--at about 8:40am (the regular time is about 8:20am)! WHEW! I had a really fun day and got a new homework folder too. When I got home, Mommy was waiting for me on the front porch. Mom and Emerson even made brownies as a special treat for us for going back to school. Yum!

No comments: